Friday, August 31, 2007

"Judgement Day"

9 x 12"

oil on masonite

sold

This is a painting I've wanted to do for a long time. I kept passing over it because.... well.....I didn't know if I could pull it off. The light is sweet, the walls have many tones, and the women is somewhat vague because she was a step back from the spotlights. It was a tough one. The result, I think, is a really nice warmth, especially with the gold tones of the walls and the reddish-brown of the floor. I love it.

This was a scene taken from my opening reception, at the 16 Patton Gallery in Asheville.

Have a great holiday weekend - I think I'll take a couple days off myself.

Please click here for a larger view.

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Karin, both of these from your show are so nice. I just so look forward to your happy, warm paintings.

Later,
Jo

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Karin, this is just so beautifully done. You definitely pulled it off. I think it's one of my favorites.

A Reason to Paint said...

Love the warmth in this one, very nicely done.

sandy said...

Karin, your work is wonderful...I came here from http://thecrustycrone.blogspot.com/

she had you listed in her sidebar.

Gosh you have talent.

sandy