Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Alfresco"

8 x 8"
oil on masonite
sold

This new painting is taken from a little side patio outside of an Asheville restaurant where, every time I pass by, I see a painting in my head. This piece will also be included in the upcoming show
8 Squared
at the 16 Patton Gallery. I'll be at the gallery Saturday evening - please come by and say hello - if you don't see me, I'm probably a few doors down at this very spot, composing more paintings in my head.

Please click here for a larger view.



11 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

Great painting! Got to see your paintings in the Patton gallery this past weekend. Even better in person! Enjoy this weekend.

SamArtDog said...

Oh jeez. You just have to know that this one is outstanding.

Terri Buchholz said...

Karin! We were going to come to Asheville this weekend, but are getting company instead. How long will the show hang?

Karin Jurick said...

Terri - they'll be up for about a month then rehung elsewhere in the gallery.

kaycrain said...

Juicy color!!!! awesome.

Marian Fortunati said...

Karin...
Your work is always so fresh and bright and clear!!
I love it!

padmaja said...

Your work is outstanding, no words are enough to praise!.. I am keeping in touch with your work everyday. All the very best to you for this exhibition, I am sure more master pieces will emerge out of this experience.

Autumn Leaves said...

If this isn't a modern day Rockwell, I don't know what is! Really beautiful, Karin.

aeMcDraw said...

You must thank that person for wearing that shirt. Beautiful!

Linda Popple said...

Love this painting! Great job on the stripes.

Good luck and have fun this week-end!

Cristina Dalla Valentina said...

This painting is amazing! It makes me think that I could pat him on the back and start to talk... and the red and white stripes make me feel very happy!