Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Green Tee"

6 x 6"
oil on masonite
sold

I'm back in my hut again. There was a painting marathon of about three weeks, then a quick decision made to join my old high school friends for a mini-reunion of sorts - drove to Chicago with my favorite pillows, did that, went into the city for about five hours and drove back to Atlanta. Call me crazy, but it's good for me to take a break like that.

Now back to work with a quick, loose piece to get warmed up - a young man I spotted on a bench in the Art Institute of Chicago.




2 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Karin, I was reading something a while back about how to determine if you painting was finished. Part of it was does your painting read correctly from a distance and are you rewarded with interesting brushstrokes etc. up close. Your paintings are so exciting close up, every stroke goes down with a purpose it seems. Love, love, love your work.

smellyrhinostudio said...

I agree with Barbara. Eye candy! Well, DaVinci said art is never finished, only abandoned. (this is how I feel a lot!) ..."ok, time to move on!" Karin, you seem to be a master of "you know what, this is perfect! Done!"