Thursday, January 23, 2014

"Object of My Affection"

9 x 12"
oil on panel
sold


I've been working on this for several days.  I think this COLD weather has slowed me down.  I have many friends and fans who endure brutal winters in the north - I don't know how you do it.  I always say 'that's why I live in the South' but we've got temps we rarely see.  I think I'll work on a beach painting next just to channel in the sun and warmth.

As I was painting this new piece, I came up with several titles - a young couple admiring Mary Cassatt's painting 'A Child's Bath', which could mean they're contemplating having a baby, missing their baby or just enjoying the painting.  It's rather sweet whatever the story is.

Please click here for a larger view.

Stay warm, my friends ~


3 comments:

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

This is so touching…you captured a perfect moment. I love the couple plus the setting.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Loved catching up with your blog KArin. So many great paintings going on . This painting by Mary Casset has always been a favorite of mine. Beautiful job!
Sorry to hear about your brother and about your surgery. Hope you are healing well and feeling lots better.
The cold is crazy (even down here in the deeper South). Stay warm!

Susan said...

Beautiful, touching, evocative.